Elephant Foot Care Workshop
– Under the Direction of Carol Buckley, Founder and CEO, Elephant Aid International.
BOTH WORKSHOPS ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED!
Tiger Tops is pleased to host Elephant Aid International’s (EAI) Elephant Foot Care Workshop, a unique hands-on opportunity to develop elephant foot trimming skills while you experience how elephants live at Nepal’s foremost conservation resort.
During your stay, you will
- expand your knowledge of elephant health and welfare.
- learn through observation and hands-on experience how the Tiger Tops family of elephants live and are managed.
- get to know the people who spend their lives with the elephants, the mahouts.
In the morning, you will accompany the elephants on their daily grass collecting excursions. In the afternoon, you will hike in Chitwan National Park and observe the elephants as they select, collect and eat a variety of natural vegetation, and then enjoy their playful antics as they refresh themselves in the Narayani River.
In addition to assisting the mahouts with kuchi making and grass collecting in the presence of the resident elephants, each participant will be given an opportunity to develop foot trimming skills under the direction of EAI Founder and CEO Carol Buckley.
As the sun sets on the tranquil Tiger Tops Elephant Camp, you will witness the elephants untethered in their corrals, playing, grazing and socializing with their friends.
- First workshop September 10th – 15th 2016 (fully booked, registration closed)
- Second workshop September 18th – 23rd 2016 (fully booked, registration closed)
Where: Tiger Tops Elephant Camp, Nepal
Total workshop fee on twin sharing basis: US$ 1400
Total workshop fee single supplement: US$ 1700
Minimum age: 18
Program Capacity: Minimum 7 – maximum 10 participants
More information and registration
For more information please download the document Elephant Foot Care Workshop Information
To secure your accommodations please download the Workshop Accommodations Payment Form
To pay for registration click here
Please note that last day of registration is July 1st!
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.